Polypeptide Treatment for Sexual Function
Low libido, diminishing vaginal lubrication, and unsatisfying orgasms can turn sex into a chore. Less than firm and frequent erections can squelch sex drive and self-esteem. Polypeptide treatment is an innovative therapy that may reduce or eliminate these joy killing symptoms.
Good health and homeostasis – including libido and sexual satisfaction - requires maintaining appropriate levels of peptides. An integral part of most biologic processes, peptides are proteins found throughout every cell and tissue in your body.
Peptide hormones may treat both ad dysfunction (ED), the inability to get or maintain erections, and hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD), low sex drive and satisfaction in women, which can hinder relationships, self-esteem, and quality of life.
As there are numerous treatments available for conditions like ED and HSDD, ask your healthcare provider if peptide hormone injections are right for you.
To speak with a polypeptide specialist today in Tarpon Springs, call (813) 536-3212 or contact Erin Bolton online.
How do polypeptides treat sexual dysfunctions?
Traditional treatments for sexual dysfunction target the cardiovascular system to stimulate a physical reaction. Drugs like Viagra, for example, increase blood flow to the penis. Peptide proteins instead target the brain directly to increase libido.
Peptides (chains of two or more amino acids) and polypeptides (chains of ten or more amino acids) are secreted by your endocrine system, which regulates your sexual functions.
Low libido can result from an imbalance of these secretions.
The following peptide hormones (both lab synthesized and organic) can supplement endocrine secretions in both men and women:
- Women's Health (PT-141): currently undergoing review by FDA, this synthetic analog of our naturally occurring alpha-MSH (melanocyte-stimulating hormone) binds to cell receptors, triggering a response; a 2016 study found injection is a safe, effective, well tolerated treatment for premenopausal women with sexual dysfunction.1
- melanotan-II: an ingredient in bremelanotide, this chemical was originally used for skin tanning, but may generate erections
- kisspeptin: this peptide hormone controls sexual attraction and desire in women, and may be able to treat women with low sexual desire
- oxytocin: stimulates uterine contractions during childbirth; a 2014 study found oxytocin spray before sex may intensify orgasm and sexual satisfaction (especially for men)
What are the potential side effects of polypeptide treatment?
Side effects of bremelanotide injections can include nausea, flushing, and a headache.1 These side effects are temporary, with the flushing lasting about an hour after the injection. Other side effects of peptide hormones for sexual dysfunction may include:
- decreased appetite
- darkened skin
- spontaneous erections
If you experience these complications call your healthcare provider right away.
Reserve your appointment
You deserve to get the most out of your sex life. If low libido or dysfunction are disrupting your relationships, polypeptide hormones may be able to boost your sexual satisfaction and spontaneity. To find a specialist in Tarpon Springs, call (813) 536-3212 or contact Erin Bolton online.
1. Clayton, Anita H et al. "Bremelanotide for Female Sexual Dysfunctions in Premenopausal Women: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Dose-Finding Trial." Women's Health 12.3 (2016): 325–337. PMC. Web. 10 July 2018.
Address4691 Van Dyke Road
Lutz, FL 33558
7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tue: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Areas We Service:Hernando County, FL, Hillsborough County, FL, Pasco County, FL, Pinellas County, FL, Land O Lakes, FL, Brooksville, FL, Spring Hill, FL, Mango, FL, Odessa, FL, Seffner, FL, Tampa, FL, Thonotosassa, FL, Crystal Springs, FL, Dade City, FL, Elfers, FL, Holiday, FL, Hudson, FL, New Port Richey, FL, Saint Leo, FL, San Antonio, FL, Wesley Chapel, FL, Zephyrhills, FL, Clearwater, FL, Largo, FL, Palm Harbor, FL, Pinellas Park, FL, Tarpon Springs, FL, Trinity, FL